Wednesday, March 7, 2012

What video driver do I need on my computer to run The Elder Scrolls V (5) Skyrim ?

I ordered Skyrim and it's shipping a few days later. While it's coming, I checked if my computer can run it. Everything was fine, but my computer cannot run it's video driver,

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=o7r1ty%26amp;s=5

Is there any way I can download a driver that will satisfy skyrim's status?

Thank you!What video driver do I need on my computer to run The Elder Scrolls V (5) Skyrim ?
I hate to be the one to answer this question, because it's a running joke among PC gamers, and you're the butt because you don't know the difference between a video card and a driver.

What those results say is that your video card is not sufficient to run Skyrim at any setting. A video card is a piece of hardware, it's not something you can download. It's true that video cards have drivers and manufacturers release driver updates for their video cards which can be downloaded, but that has no bearing on whether your card can run Skyrim. The fact is that it cannot.

Even worse, your card, the Intel GMA x3100 indicates you have a laptop computer. Other than the memory, hardware in a laptop computer is integral, meaning it can't be upgraded by swapping one part out for another better part. The sad truth is that you will not be able to play Skyrim unless you purchase or build (from components) a whole new computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment