Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Unable to learn a word of power?

I go to the word wall at Kilkreath Ruins for "Elemental Fury" and the wall "calls" to me and the mist radiates from the word I'm supposed to learn but the word isn't lit up and I cannot learn it. Is this a glitch and is there any way to fix it? (Xbox 360)Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Unable to learn a word of power?
The people who already answered obviously didnt understand what you're asking, maybe if you look upt he word wall you're not supposed to learn that word at this particular time, or maybe at all. It could be a glitch or you may not have noticed you've already learnt it. I'm not 100% sure sorry.
Same thing happened to me, also on Kilkreath, after getting the courier letter telling me to go there. The blue magic swishy lines were there but no word materalized on the wall. I saved the game at the word wall, shut down my console and rebooted it. Fixed.

Report Abuse

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Unable to learn a word of power?
It sounds like you are having a problem learning the word, not unlocking it. You have to get really close to the wall and put the crosshairs on it until the animation finishes and you should see the message that you learned it.

Also, I know some high level words can't be learned until after you visit the Greybeards, so I suggest doing that as early as you can make it up the mountain.

By the way, Elemental Fury isn't really that great of a shout, imo. All it does it add a speed enchantment to your weapon, but it won't work if you have a different one (like flames or ice).
Same thing happened to me at Volskygge for the Tempest part of whirlwind sprint , sorry but there's no fix yet, hopefully bethesda releases a patch.Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Unable to learn a word of power?
Press x while viewing the Shout to spend a dragon soul. You then can use it.



Also, thanks for giving me a Shout location =3
you have to unlock it using a dragon soul

No comments:

Post a Comment